Wednesday 5 August 2009

Blomming With Beauty

I had a marathon stamping session the other day, I was playing around with ideas for a stamp class using this stamp set, I was inspired to buy it after seeing a card on my Stampin Up mums web site, Monica is truly a talented and very kind lady, pop over to her blog the link is in my favourites.
I used the same basics for eacvh card just played around with the colours, and although they are rather dark on here they all look fantastic in real life.

The first was Elegant Eggplant


Elegant Eggplant again different layout.



Using Real Red


Using Real Red and some Real Red Designer Series Paper



Using Taken with Teal




Using Pumpkin Pie





And this is a similar card to the one Monica created, I made it for my Sister in Laws birthday and she loved it (I hope).


One tip I would like to share, as I found out to my great annoyance, when stamping the black spots with the huge dots background stamp, I recommend using your stazon ink pad, I did originally use my black Stampin Up pad but found it took an age to dry and ended up smudging two cards before trying the stazon pad.

Stamps used ; Bloomin' with Beauty, Polka Dot background.
Card Stock ; Whisper White, Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant, Real Red, TakewithTeal,
Pumpkin Pie.
Ink ; Stazon Jet Black, Elegant Eggplant, Real Red, Taken with Teal, Old Olive, So Saffron.
Accessories; Real Red ribbon, Real Red Designer Series Paper, Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch


No comments: