Friday 3 April 2009

Using my Stampin Pastels

This is my first attempt using the Stamin' pastels, I,ve never really used pastels or chalks, and was unsure of how to do so, but you learn by your mistakes, and I made a few with this card I actually messed the first one up, I did want to make a square card, but I ended up having to trim it down, but for my first go with pastels I,m really quite pleased with it, they give a real muted depth of colour and I can see me using them a lot more, just need a few more finger daubers as they really are the best way to apply.
I used the Garden Whimsy stamp set, the butterflies are so pretty, and how cute is the little snail, I think he would good on a penny slider card, actually think I might have a go at making one next.
I,ve also just signed up for the on-line classes over at Stamp with us (to visit just click on the blinkie to the right), I do fancy going on their retreat, but dont know if I can really afford to go, and Hollie is away at her first brownie camp that weekend so I might even get ropped in to help with that.
Back later x


No comments: